AC PC Minutes 2020 01 29
Please note: all meetings are recorded for administration purposes
- Welcome to the public
- Declaration of interests: Cllr D Tilley – planning.
- Apologies: Cllr A Gray.
- Minutes of the previous meetings (November & Finance) adopted and signed by the chairman.
- Matters arising: Cllr D Tilley to speak to Wiltshire Council Rights of Way Warden Paul Millard to discuss relocation of safety barrier - Mr Millard has been unavailable. Cllr M Crossman to arrange removal of spoil heap from cemetery - Cllr M Crossman has done an excellent job removing the spoil. Cllr R Daw to arrange purchase of defibrillator case and defibrillator installation at Allington – Still to be done.
- Village Community Store – Cllr. A McDonald - Shop drains have now been connected to main drainage.
- PCC: Churchyard – Cllr. D Tilley – Nothing to report
- Cemetery – Cllr. T Hollister – Large spoil heap has been removed from the cemetery by Cllr M Crossman. In future grave diggers will be asked to remove surplus soil. ACTION: Cllr K Gay to level and reseed the area.
- Village Green – Cllr. K Gay -Cars turning on the green making a mess, it has been mentioned in the school newsletter.
- Village Hall – Cllr. T Hollister – nothing to report
- Pre-School – Cllr. R Daw – Numbers good, auction of promises in June.
- Glebe Field and Allotments – Cllr. A McDonald – Pruning of fruit trees in the community orchard has cost £36.00.
- School - Cllr. M Crossman – Nothing to report
- Footpaths – Cllr. K Gay – Horses have been on the tow path, which is not a bridle way.
- Allington – Cllr. R Daw – Nothing to report.
- Concert at the Kings – Cllr T Hollister – Two days of concerts this year, ticket sales going well.
- Parish Steward requests – All
- Planning Applications: 20/00411/TCA 32 The Street, All Cannings. – RESOLVED -No Objection
20/00420/TCA Wycombe Cottage, All Cannings – RESOLVED -No Objection
20/00477/TCA 1 School Lane, All Cannings. – RESOLVED-No Objection
20/00363/TCA Moorlands, All Cannings – RESOLVED-No Objection
- A resident has complained about hunt hounds coming into their garden - Avon Vale Hunt representatives came to discuss and answer questions. The Avon Vale Hunt explained that they have apologised to the effected residents and offered to repair any damage if necessary and promised to do their utmost to keep hounds out of the village in future. Council decided that it is not a parish council matter.
- A resident has complained about parking on Chandlers Lane. ACTION: Clerk to correspond with resident.
- Another resident has complained about the shortage of parking in Tumlins. Council discussed. ACTION: Clerk to correspond with resident.
- Parking and turning by parents collecting children from school is damaging the Green. ACTION: Cllr D Tilley will investigate the cost of posts to block access by cars.
- Maintenance funds are required for the defibrillators at All Cannings & Allington. Costs to be verified.
- An Allington resident has asked for help regarding missing road sign. Council discussed it and Cllr P Whitehead will investigate.
- An All Cannings resident has requested that the council consider the placement of a memorial bench. The possibility of a bench fund was mentioned. Add to next agenda.
- Review of grass and tree cutting contracts. Council - RESOLVED – Ready to tender.
- Both Parish Notice Boards require maintenance: varnishing and cork tiles reattaching. – ACTION- RFO to get a quote.
- Correspondence and administration: A resident asked for help to find a suitable area to plant trees. The Parish Council is unable to help with land for trees as the land owners have declined permission for planting trees in the Glebe field.
- Closed item: staff salaries. ACTION- Cllr A Mc Donald to review.
- Payments to be approved: Idverde GM775467 (October) £394.20. IdVerde GM775470 £394.20 Village Hall INV1141 £10.00. Clerk expenses £10.00 ACPC phone top up. £28.79 portable hard drive for backup of ACPC documents. Wessex Print £54.00. Water2Business £26.68. Garden Club pruning £36.00. RFO expenses £20.99. Staff wages.
- Balance of Accounts: £16,309.47
- Any Other Business
Meeting closed at: 9.43pm
Next meeting: Wednesday 26th February 2020.
Signed by . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .