Held in the Village Hall, All Cannings on Wednesday 26th November 2014


PRESENT:        Cllr. L. Sharpe, Cllr. S. Butcher Cllr. A. Gray, Cllr. K. Gay,

                          Cllr. R. Daw, Cllr. P. Whitehead (Wilts Council).


Apologies:       Cllr. D. Tilley, Cllr. I. Williams.


One member of the public attended




Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 29th October, having been circulated were confirmed as a true record and signed by the chairman.


Cllr. Gray gave the meeting an update on the position regarding the broadband facility in the area. He circulated a letter for approval and advised that 170 signatures in support of the petition had been subscribed.



See reports




Village Community Store: Nothing to report.

PCC: Churchyard: Await Mike Burns commencing work on trees in the Churchyard.

Collapsed Tomb: Faculty application completed and forwarded to the Diocese of Salisbury.

Cemetery: New bench has been installed. Insurance company has been advised. Topple tests carried out on several gravestones. Thanks to Cllr. Butcher.

Village Green:  Cllr. Butcher showed the council a layout for potential new play area equipment. Cllr. Whitehead suggested approaching the Lottery Fund for a major contribution towards the cost, also to apply to Devizes Area Board for a grant. Cost of the removal of the existing equipment to be investigated. Litter by clatterbridge to be cleared.

Pre-School: Bubble and Chat now closed.

Glebe Field: Nothing to report.

All Cannings Primary School: Christmas fare arranged.

Village Hall: Work on repairs has now commenced. See correspondence.





Concert at the Kings: Proceeds of £7000.00 kindly donated by the organisers of the concert to be allocated as follows: Village Hall:      £4000.00

                                        Village School: £1000.00

                                         Cricket Club:    £500.00

                                        Defibrillator:     £375.00

                                         Reserve:          £1125.00


Concert at the Kings and Parish Council: Letters of thanks received from Isabel Lane, Chairman of the village hall committee and Richard Borman, Head Teacher at the Primary School. Also a letter from Graham Bird, All Cannings First Responders for the donations from the Concert and the PC. Fund will go towards a defibrillator to be installed at the village hall.











Work to Trees in a Con Area

Application Ref:14/10903/TCA

Proposal: Request reinstatement of lapsed permission ref E/1211/TCA to fell 3 leylandii, 2 walnut trees, 1 beech tree, 1 Silver Birch and 3 fir/spruce trees. Also reduction of branches on another walnut tree and reduction of 2 further leylandii to 5 Metres.  

At: Moorlands The Street All Cannings Devizes. No objections.





Nine cheques presented for signature

000980              Countrywide                         Grass Cutting                     £332.10

000981              F A Coles                           Grass Cutting                      £794.30

000982              J R Scott                             Clerk’s Salary                      £336.80

000983              HMRC                                   Income Tax                                                  £84.20

000984              J R Scott                              Clerk’s Expenses               £6.36                     000985              David Owen & Co             PAYE Fee                           £31.80 

000986              AC Village Hall                     Hall Rental                            £12.00                                         

000987 Devizes and District Link      Donation                             £50.00

000988              Community First                  Donation                              £50.00


Donations of £50.00 made to both Devizes and District Link and Community First.


Precept: Proposal for an increase of 9.69% approved by the PC.




Cherry trees at the Pound require replacing.

Train timetable from Pewsey will remain the same for the next three and a half years.

Community speed watch recommended following Metro Count details.






Meeting closed at 8.42pm.



Chairman                                  Date



Next Meeting Wednesday 28th January 2015 at 7.30pm.