AC PC Minutes 2016 04 28
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Held in All Cannings School All Cannings on Thursday 28th April 2016
PRESENT: Cllr. A. Gray, Cllr. S. Butcher, Cllr. D. Tilley, Cllr. K. Gay, Cllr. A. McDonald, Cllr. P. Whitehead, (Wilts. Council)
APOLOGIES: Cllr. I. Williams
PUBLIC: 2 members of the public attended
MINUTES & MATTERS ARISING
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 31st March were signed off as correct with no amendments.
It was noted that pre-school isn’t full as stated in the previous meeting.
A thank you letter was sent to Brennans, and Wiltshire Council also thanked them for the great work done on the pathway.
The abandoned van has now moved.
Overhanging trees – a letter was sent to Mr Smith.
Village Community Store: Nothing to report.
· Tree work now done, cheque to be signed off to pay for it. Thanks to Rosie Lock for organising.
· PCC – They have applied for grant of circa £77k as work is needed on the roof.
· The idea of replacing pews with chairs or benches has been raised, it would be good for concerts/meetings etc
· William Lang retiring 21st August, when he leaves we will have no incumbent.
· Flower festival in June
Cemetery: Cllr R Daw to clear remainder of rubbish. Action - Cllr R Daw
· We are waiting for the slide to be done, weather has delayed this. Cllr D Tilley repaired swing. The paint is ready, we need a volunteer. The D Links have been replaced.
· Bins – new ones between £25 - £150. Can we spend £75 on a new one? Yes. Cllr D Tilley to source a bin. Action - Cllr D Tilley.
· Charles Butcher assisted cutting back some bushes.
· Cllr D Tilley has been cutting the grass verge on School Lane, we don’t know who’s this is? Cllr D Tilley to investigate it. Action – Cllr D Tilley.
· Dog mess bags – make a decision at next meeting, they aren’t free. Kate to get prices. Action – Kate Asbury
Pre-School: The chair has resigned and the only officer at the moment is the treasurer.
Glebe Field & Allotments: There are two big piles of mess – Cllr R Daw to clear, ready for the fence work starting on the 5th May. Action - Cllr R Daw
All Cannings Primary School: Quiz & curry night on the 13th.
· A new side gate is being installed.
· Conditions of hiring have been updated, the Parish Council have not received these yet.
· New cleaner appointed.
· The damp previously mentioned is probably coming in from outside, it is being monitored and they are considering some work on the floor and redecorating the store room.
· It has been confirmed there will be no charge for the Queens’s birthday celebration.
Footpaths: Cllr K Gay spoke to Keith about Barron’s path, and the hedge by the Pond, he said that he wouldn’t cut the overgrowth. Cllr K Gay trimmed and swept some away. There have been lots of problems such as discarded dog waste bags. It was suggested to use some wood chipping or bark chipping for pathway (it’s ploughable so can’t be tarmacked) as people have raised it as a problem, however we may just need accept we live in the countryside and wear our wellies. Generally, Cllr K Gay strims and keeps on top of the pathways.
Cllr P Whitehead to chase Paul Millard about access on Darkies lane.
Clerks report & finances
The insurance renewal has come in at £886. Renewal date is 01 June, it was decided to get a few quotes.
We have had the first half of the precept in, and so taking away money put aside from the concert, and our reserve account we have £11,589.26.
The annual return, internal and external audit to completed in the next month or two.
The case of signatories with Lloyds Bank was opened three months ago, and so is now closed. Charles Butcher and Liz Sharpe were requested to be removed. Cllr A McDonald, Cllr I Williams and Cllr R Dawneed to be added, Cllr R Daw and Cllr I Williams need to supply address details. Kate to get new prefilled forms from Lloyds to sign and return ASAP.
Queen’s birthday – The committee would like to buy a walnut tree, and suggest putting it in the orchard. This was agreed to purchase by all.
Graveyard holiday cover – defer to next month, people to consider who best to cover.
Website ownership and management - defer
Planning Applications - none
Report from Transport Involvement evening – parish stewardship – covered by Philip.
Publicity regarding refurbishment of play equipment – Publicity in liaison with fields and trusts – defer to next meeting.
Willow tree on greenhouse road – Defer it til July when the season to do the work approaches.
Cricket club recruiting – can we advertise?
Website could perhaps be used for group communications to save email traffic.
Meeting closed at 21.32
Next Meeting: Thursday 26th May 2016
AC PC Minutes 2016 03 31
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Held in All Cannings Village Hall, All Cannings on Wednesday 31st March 2016
PRESENT: Cllr. S. Butcher (Chair for this meeting), Cllr. D. Tilley, Cllr. K. Gay, Cllr. I. Williams, Cllr. A. McDonald, Cllr. P. Whitehead, (Wilts. Council)
APOLOGIES: Cllr. A. Gray, Cllr. R. Daw
PUBLIC: Two members of the public attended
MINUTES & MATTERS ARISING
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 24th February were signed off as correct with no amendments.
Pursue the woodchippings query with Salisbury Diocese – new contact been given to Kate Asbury. Action – Kate Asbury
Village Community Store: Wine tasting coming up
PCC: Churchyard: Nice thank you letter received for Cllr. Tilley and Cllr. Gay. Tree work planning approved and is being done 2nd April.
Cemetery: Cllr. Butcher cleaned front gates and planted snow drops. Cllr. Daw started rubbish clearing,
Village Green: Swing seats now installed. Adults have been using the special needs seat to climb up and hang from the bars. Cllr. Butcher negotiated all new seats and kept within grant. Slide work to be done in April, and the second grant can be claimed then.
Action – Cllr. Gray Put something in the parish magazine reminding people seat for special use only.
Dog fouling - Cllr. Tilley to put fresh signs up about dog fouling. Suggest moving second bin so they are well spread on the green. Action – Cllr. Tilley Investigate free dog mess bags. Action – Kate Asbury
The pub have commented that they are getting a lot of dog waste bags in their bins – could they have a waste bin nearer? The village have the maximum available to them. New legislation coming in that will be illegal to walk a dog without carrying dog waste bags.
Pre-School: They are full from the new term. Continuing issues with damp in the village hall. Easter egg hunt went well.
Glebe Field: Nothing to report.
All Cannings Primary School: Parking initiatives are starting to go into place, a newsletter has gone out to parents.
Village Hall: Nothing to report.
Allotments: Work happening early May, funds are ready and waiting.
Footpaths: Cllr Butcher has exposed some of the edges up Darkey’s Lane to improve the footpath, and got a hedge cut back. Cllr. Gay and Cllr. Tilley to do more when the weather is better. The request put in to Wiltshire Council to widen the path by Greystones had been closed as complete, no action taken though. Action – Kate Asbury to chase Wilts Council.
Thorneycroft path very muddy – may need to do some work in future. Brennans have been paid for the new footpath – send a testimonial of thanks. Action – Cllr Butcher
New footpath grants are hopefully becoming available in the next few months; these will be published on the Parish newsletters. ACAN 15 is subject to ploughing so couldn’t put a hard path down there. Discuss in more depth at Parish Meeting. Put photos on the website. Also make clear that newer ventures have all been through grants and not precept. Action – Cllr Butcher to send footpath photos to Cllr Gray/Kate Asbury to publish online.
SLOW lettering requested in November is being considered at next Cat G meeting on 6th April.
Signatories etc to be sorted – clerk to liaise with Cllr Butcher to resolve final problems. Action – Kate Asbury& Cllr Butcher.
We passed the recent plumbing inspection at the Cemetery
Chased allotment fee’s – Simon aware they are due.
Best Kept Village entry open now and draft in progress.
Queen’s birthday: Committee plans going well and on schedule.
We have consent for the beacon. Location: First Hill. Action – Kate Asbury speak to Cllr Daw to get details for posters.
Clean for Queen – Cllr Butcher and children cleaned the road signs. Cllr Tilley commented on footpath by Greenhouse Road – dirty.
Website – defer to next meeting
Contracts: A vote was taken, and Coles were appointed to do all four grasscutting contracts. Explain to Countrywide and MGS that the decision was purely financial, and particularly thank Countrywide for the very satisfactory work provided over the last few years.
Old telephone kiosk: Needs a paint. To be covered under volunteers for minor works.
Abandoned van in Townsend: A petition was received regarding the unsightly van in Townsend. Cllr Tilley will speak to the Landlord of the property. Action – Cllr Tilley
Annual Parish Meeting: Encourage more villagers along; Richard from the pub has been invited to speak about the Concert. A good opportunity to let people know what we do with the precept. Cllr Whitehead will say a few words, we can use social media to advertise as well as the boards and website.
Volunteers for Minor Works: Advertise around the village to see if there are any volunteers for things like painting phone box, wood treating seats. Put a notice up, on the boards, newsletter and website
Trees Opposite Lipgate: Keep an eye on them. Also - the Beech trees along Greenhouse Road, and Yew tree overhanging are a concern. Action – Kate Asbury to write to Mr Smith asking him to cut back.
16/02934/TCA - no objections
16/02311/LBC – no objections
16/02315//TCA - no objections
16/01639/FUL – no objections, subject to holiday lets only and no permanent caravans on site.
Cllr Butcher attended the area board meeting, and on the 6th April is going to a local involvement meeting.
Meeting closed at 21:42
Next Meeting: Thursday 28th April 2016 in the school hall, following the Annual Parish Meeting at 7pm.
AC PC Minutes 2016 02 24
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Held in All Cannings Village Hall, All Cannings on Wednesday 24th February 2016
PRESENT: Cllr. A. Gray, Cllr. S. Butcher, Cllr. D. Tilley, Cllr. K. Gay, Cllr. I. Williams, Cllr. A. McDonald, Cllr. R. Daw, Cllr. P. Whitehead, (Wilts. Council)
PUBLIC: Four members of the public attended.
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 27th January were signed off as correct with no amendments.
The hedge cutting required at the hedge by the Pound has all been completed. Cllr. D. Tilley and Cllr. K. Gay tidied up the road edge afterwards.
Churchyard gate was rehung, posts repainted by Cllr. D. Tilley and Cllr. K. Gay. Planning permission request was submitted for the tree work.
Mr George Miness attended to discuss the issues raised regarding the willow tree by his house, bringing photos to further show his concerns. The councillors reiterated how the decision was reached and confirmed we will reassess in new financial year with a view to doing work end of summer.
Village Community Store: Nothing to report.
PCC: Churchyard: Cage was put on the oil tank pipe by Cllr. D. Tilley. Tree work discussed previously to be done – all agreed £100 acceptable. Action - Cllr. D. Tilley
Cemetery: One grave purchase signed for. Hedging donated and planted in the corner by school. Lots of rubbish, including brambles. Cllr. Daw can remove. Action - Cllr. Daw.
Village Green: QEII grant application accepted for seats and slide. The work is to be actioned within six months from the date of the acceptance letter. We have £500 from the concert fund to make up any deficit. All happy to proceed. (about £1650 in total) Action Cllr. S. Butcher
It was noted that we should check the D shackles. Action Cllr. K. Gay
Pre-School: Nothing to report
Glebe Field: Need to chase up ACAN15 request made following last meeting with Salisbury Diocese as no response yet. Action - Kate Asbury Chase up grass cutters as boundaries are their responsibility. Cllr Williams has had complaints about a hedge which isn’t his, it actually falls under the grass cutters responsibility. Action - Kate Asbury
All Cannings Primary School: Cllr. Williams recounted the events regarding the No Parking sign being erected in The Tumlins by Aster & subsequently being removed. Two residents meetings have since taken place.
Mr Borman attended. In the short term, they are investigating soft ways of reducing the problem, such as promoting car share, republicise local car parks and parents to approach residents they know about using their drives. Another solution is create more parking, which would involve significant expenditure.
The Wiltshire travel plan was mentioned again, apparently it was last used for the bike shed. Cllr. Williams suggested there nothing to lose by approaching the team again for advice. Cllr. P. Whitehead did say however that travel plans are to reduce car travel, not promote car use by providing more parking. Looking at other local schools was brought up, Bishop Cannings are a good example of using walking buses. Encourage villagers that drive not to drive. Cllr. D. Tilley suggested the adapting netball court to be used before and after school for parking, although long term a community car park could benefit the whole community.
It was also noted that the crossing gets very muddy. Zebra crossing is circa £28k, wooden post crossings are a few thousand pounds. The current crossing gets very blocked by large cars, causing a hazard.
Cllr. P. Whitehead said he is happy to come along and look at the situation one afternoon.
Devizes school bus drops off on main road by graveyard, as it can’t get in village, an after effect of the parking situation.
Cllr. P. Whitehead advised that the travel plan may mention flashing 20mph signs.
The Finlay Foundation offer free hi viz vests for any children walking or cycling to school.
Mr Borman expressed his appreciation of having Cllr. Williams as a contact.
Village Hall: Nothing
Allotments: Cllr. A. McDonald attended the allotment society meeting. It was mentioned that it would be nice to get the fence work done before best kept village. Need to chase up allotment money – Cllr. Williams commented he hadn’t been asked for his fee yet. Action - Kate Asbury
Footpaths: ACAN14 – Brennans should start in the next couple of weeks. Cllr. S Butcher will advise school. Action Cllr. S. Butcher
Darkies lane – Greystones side is falling down on it. When the surface is clean, it’s not a problem. The boundary has been moved and so some of the footpath has shrunk. Report this to the rights of way office (ACAN13) ask them to inspect, if it’s encroachment or not, and how to pursue. Action - Kate Asbury
Queen’s Birthday: There is a full report on the village website following the first committee meeting. Event 11th/12th June. Beacon lighting in April was also suggested – Subcommittee Cllr. R. Daw & Cllr. A. McDonald
Contracts: Cllr. P. Whitehead advised that our standing orders would say what would need to be put out for tender. Publish a request for quotation on the website and noticeboard. Deadline for applications to be 23rd March. Action – Kate Asbury, Cllr. A. Gray
Clerk training: 23rd March, agreed for Kate Asbury to attend.
Best kept village entries now open - Cllr. S Butcher to help Kate Asbury with application.
Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments – WALC had questioned if we definitely want to opt out, the decision to opt out was unanimously confirmed.
Invitation to attend Local Highway Involvement evening - Cllr. S Butcher to attend.
16/01245/TCA Parish Council application, unable to comment.
Cllr. A. McDonald is still not a signatory on the bank account, despite forms being submitted. Cllr. A. McDonald & Kate Asbury to get together to try and resolve the issue over the phone.
Action – Kate Asbury & Cllr. A. McDonald
Four cheques were signed.
001058 D Tilley 24.86 Expenses
001059 K Asbury 6.48 Expenses
001060 Countrywide 335.80 Grass cutting
001061 W.A.L.C. 54 Clerk Training
Early morning and late night walkers – a gentle reminder to go in the newsletter about visibility to drivers. Action - Cllr. A. Gray
Gating the village. Advice from Cllr. P. Whitehead is to go via area board, and that it’s easier for Wiltshire Council to do it rather than the Parish Council to try and do. Need to put the request through CAT G. Action – Kate Asbury
Confirm Annual Parish Meeting date. Action – Kate Asbury
Bit of rubbish by canal, including a car bumper.
Website ownership – it’s currently a community portal. The garden club and village hall also use it. Advertising rates and ownership of website to be added to the March agenda. Action- Kate Asbury
Cllr. P. Whitehead advised there was an increase on the highways budget.
From 1st April the Parish Stewards will be returning since their departure in 2013, they will be visiting clerks in the next couple of months following their start date.
Meeting closed at 21:41
Next Meeting: Thursday 31st March 2016 at 7.30pm
AC PC Minutes 2016 01 27
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Held in All Cannings Village Hall, All Cannings on Wednesday 27th January 2016
PRESENT: Cllr. S. Butcher, Cllr. D. Tilley, Cllr. K. Gay, Cllr. I. Williams, Cllr. A. McDonald, Cllr. R. Daw, Cllr. P. Whitehead, (Wilts. Council)
APOLOGIES: Cllr. A. Gray, Belinda Mead
PUBLIC: Three members of the public attended.
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 25th were signed off as correct with no amendments.
The Hedge at The Pound – a letter will be written to Mr Smith asking him to take action by the 21st February or the matter would be passed to Wiltshire Council. Action - Kate Asbury
Village Community Store: Nothing to report
PCC: Churchyard: David Hobden has written in to report the condition of the church gate, and also ask if a Plane tree and Polonius tree could be reduced. The PCC had a price from a surgeon of £70 to do the tree work. Cllr’s Tilley and Gay to assess the gate to see if it could be welded and painted, and to look at the tree. Providing Cllr. Tilley happy with the suggestion for the tree work, the council agreed to the £70 fee quoted. We need the date of the work once agreed to let the insurers know it is taking place. Action – CLLR. D. TILLEY
Cemetery: The tap has been repaired following the compliance test results. Charles Butcher had also put up some temporary lagging for when it was cold.
Cllr. Tilley has erected a sign asking people to take their rubbish home with them, and this has been fairly effective so far. Cllr. Butcher is hoping to get hold of some hedging that could go in the corner, which is bare at the moment. Action - CLLR. S. BUTCHER
Village Green: Some funding has become available for QEII fields, and so it was agreed to put in a grant application for a special needs swing, and new cradle swing. The special needs swing costs £630 + VAT. A new cradle swing is £110 + VAT. We need to check with ROSPA they would be happy to have two different seats on one frame. Action - CLLR. S. BUTCHER & Kate Asbury
The question of repairs to the slide on the village green also arose. Cllr. P. Whitehead to check if funding available via the area board, there is also £500 available from the Concert fund for this. Action: Cllr. P. Whitehead
Cllr. Gay noted tyre marks had been left by some bad driving on the field, but this should self heal over time.
Pre-School: Nothing to report.
Glebe Field: The sign on the gate has worked well, no need for a key.
All Cannings Primary School:
Cllr. I. Williams has introduced himself as the school liaison.
There had been a Resident Only Parking sign erected by Aster in Tumlins, which was subsequently removed.
A residents committee has formed with the school, Chandlers Close, and The Tumlins, to try and resolve issues caused by the school pick up in the afternoons. Cllr. P. Whitehead mentioned Travel Plans, and Cllr. I. Williams will speak to Mr Borman to inform him of the Travel Plan process. Action – Cllr. I. Williams
Claire Perry visited the school on the 15th of January, and Cllr. A. Gray also presented to them about the role of the PC.
Some hedging was cut down in error but it has been replaced.
It was confirmed that the Village hall also used the village website when raised.
There is some damp in the store room, Cynthia suggested they get a little greenhouse heater that automatically turns on when the temperature gets low.
Allotments: The allotment committee have £300 towards fencing, and The Concert are also happy to donate £300, so the it was decided to match this and contribute £600. Cllr. A. MacDonald to confirm this with Simon Collier. Action – Cllr. A. MacDonald
It was asked that we contact Salisbury diocese and ask if we could lay chippings along footpath ACAN15. Action – Kate Asbury
Footpaths: PIGS grant confirmed. Decision needs to be made if we are to go for 1m wide or 1.2m wide. 1.2m is more standard, and allows better room for wheelchairs, cycles, buggies etc. It looks like there is an excess of circa £569 and have the 1.2m.
It was also suggested to request the removal of the No Cycling signs to tidy up the paths. Action – Kate Asbury
Queen’s Birthday – June 12th. The Parish Council had been requested to take the lead on village celebrations. It was decided in the meeting that as time and resources are short for many of the councillors, that parish Council duties need to remain a priority. However the Parish Council would be happy to establish the committee to get the ball rolling, and nominated Cllr. A. Gray as their committee representative. Invitations are to be sent out to village organisations, and once a date decided, the Village hall booked for the first meeting. Action – Kate Asbury
Rosie Lock has emailed to inform us about Clean for the Queen, it was decided to integrate this with the Queen’s birthday celebrations committee.
Sector Led Body for Audit Procurement – the council chose to opt out of this due to being a small organisation, and happy to continue with Grant Thornton. Action – Kate Asbury
The Sarsen Trail wrote in to confirm this would be taking place on the 1st May. The Church often do tea’s, and the Cricket Club bacon roll’s for sale at this event.
Bishops Cannings had approached us to see if we would consider a joint venture in acquiring a speed indicator device. It was decided not to as speeding wasn’t really a problem in the area. It did however prompt the idea about gating the village, and enquiries will be made. Action – Kate Asbury
Following a letter questioning the safety of a willow tree just off of Greenhouse Road, the Parish Council engaged three tree surgeons to do an assessment and quote for works, and no immediate danger was identified. Therefore it was decided to review the tree again in the new financial year. Action – Kate Asbury
We received a letter about Wiltshire Good Neighbours. Wiltshire Council entered into a partnership with Community First in 2010, this partnership comes to an end in April 2016. The decision has been made not to renew this partnership but to work differently and facilitate local wellbeing through the county’s area boards. The money is going to go towards an area board to fund an Old Person’s Champion.
Nominations were open for councilors with long service to attend a garden party at Buckingham Palace. As Charles Butcher served over 30 years (and his father 30 years before that) it was decided to nominate him. Action – Kate Asbury
Wiltshire Council had sent out Budget Setting Meeting invites, however the time of 17.30 is inconvenient and no councilors could attend.
Cllr. P. Whitehead highlighted that a factually incorrect article about the bus consultation had been published on our website and asked that we publish a link to the correct survey. Action – Kate Asbury
Victim Support requested a donation, however it was decided not to be financially viable this year. When writing back to them, it was suggested to ask what support has been received by All Cannings so far as well. Action – Kate Asbury
The electoral register for this year has been received and filed.
Wessex water have replaced the water meter.
15/12244/FUL – Cllr. S. Butcher declared an interest, remainder of council support
16/00646/TCA - Objection
15/12492/TCA – Support subject to comments
16/00812/TCA – Support subject to comments
Historical signatories and two addresses still need to be updated with Lloyds – Kate Asbury tried to do this but it needs to be done by a fully signed off councillor, who also needs to register Kate Asbury as an interested party on the accounts. Action – Cllr. A. MacDonald & Kate Asbury
8 cheques were presented for signature at the meeting.
001050 BWBSL 18.99
001051 David Owen 34.20
001052 Salisbury DBS 225.00
001053 Devizes Link 50.00
001055 Countrywide 1007.40
001056 F. A. Coles 803.50
001057 Village Hall 30.00
Dog fouling continues to be a big problem. Please can people respect the village by not leaving it.
Some work had been done on trees and shrubs opposite the Orchard, it was unsure if we could do anything about it though.
Community resilience meeting is on the 15th February at 19:30
Could local advertising be added to the next agenda.
Meeting closed at 10.03pm.
Next Meeting: Wednesday 24th February 2016 at 7.30pm
AC PC Minutes 2015 11 25
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Held in All Cannings Village Hall, All Cannings on Wednesday 25th November 2015
PRESENT: Cllr. A. Gray, Cllr. S. Butcher, Cllr. D. Tilley, Cllr. K. Gay,
Cllr. I. Williams, Cllr. A. McDonald. Cllr. P. Whitehead, (Wilts. Council)
APOLOGIES: Cllr. R. Daw,
PUBLIC: Two members of the public attended.
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 28th October had one amendment, a correction to a typographical error in November. They were then signed off.
Village Community Store: Held a successful 10th Anniversary celebration. A new pinny was presented to the volunteers, and the raffle raised around £300 for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance.
PCC: Churchyard: Faculty sign off complete.
Cemetery: Wiltshire waste offer an on demand collection service with a 50p a week rental, each collection is around £5.
A lot of people are leaving their rubbish bagged, so it was proposed a sign be erected asking people to take their waste home with them. Action – CLLR. D. TILLEY
A letter was received stating the tap in the cemetery had failed complCllr, I. Williamsce test, and the PC had three months to fix this. Action - CLLR. D. TILLEY
Village Green: Opening successful, article in the press and on the village website. Viridor were unable to attend due to illness.
Pre-School: They have appointed a new chair and treasurer.
Glebe Field: Conditions by the gate were bad. Traffic flow very low though.
All Cannings Primary School: Cllr. I. Williams to introduce himself as ACPC liaison. Action – CLLR. I. WILLIAMS
They are holding a Christmas fair on the 12th December.
Village Hall: Bin had been moved, it was suggested to leave it in it’s new spot unless anybody complained.
Allotments: South West had provided the most favourable quote. It was suggested to make the fencing a little higher so people use the gates, rather than hop over the fence.
The state of the pathways surrounding the allotment was also mentioned, and could they be improved. Suggested that a working group be formed as a project. Action – Cllr A McDonald/Cllr. I. Williams
Simon Collier advised the allotment fund currently has around £360 available, and they would be looking to the Parish Council and Concert for the rest. Cllr. S. Butcher to liaise with Concert to see what they could contribute. Agreed in principle so a decision and payment could be made at the January meeting. Action- CLLR. S. BUTCHER
Footpaths: PIGS Deadline has passed, no news yet.
Kev mentioned he would tidy up the footpath around The Moor. Belinda Mead also mentioned that the footpath between the pub and The Moor was a mess. It was mentioned that the My Wiltshire app was a good way for anybody to register any issues. Clerk to put a poster on the noticeboards. Action – Kate Asbury
Claire Perry had sent out a forum invitation in Marlborough on the 15th January.
Belinda Mead had emailed about the possibility of street lighting being turned off after midnight. Cllr Whitehead said this had been implemented in some towns, and would be looked into for parishes in 2016.
Belinda had also mentioned underground cabling. There is a grant in existence, Cllr Whitehead advised full details online. Clerk to seek out link and send out to other councillors to look at. Action – Kate Asbury
Devizes Link had requested a donation. As per previous years it was agreed to donate £50. Action – Kate Asbury
15/11029 – Cllr. S. Butcher declared an interest
All approved with no objection.
The precept was agreed at a 10% increase from the previous year.
Three cheques were presented for signature at the meeting.
001047 Countrywide Grass Cutting £335.80
001048 Village Hall Rent £15
001049 K Asbury expenses £15
Cllr Whitehead mentioned that the council may be willing to pass ownership of some village land over to the Parish Council – something to be thought about and discussed in the future.
Remembrance Day – very moving, with a very well delivered and thought provoking service.
Fracking – Cllr Whitehead said no sites in Wiltshire have been highlighted as potential. Dorset, Sussex and Surrey do have fracking.
Cllr. S. Butcher attended the Devizes Area Board meeting where they had discussed Julia’s House, The Daisy Unit and an Urgent Care Centre Unit.
Meeting closed at 9.43pm.
Next Meeting: Wednesday 27th January 2016 at 7.30pm.
Page 8 of 19
Local Gazette Feed
Marco Pierre White Jnr in Swindon court for threatening hotel worker after she found him in wrong roomThe Wiltshire Gazette and Herald | News Sep 19, 2019 | 16:58 pm
TROUBLED reality star Marco Pierre White Jr has admitted threatened a staff member at his dad's Wiltshire hotel after she caught him occupying a room that was not his.Read more...
The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald | News
Sep 19, 2019 | 09:45 am
AN ELDERLY woman and her dog have died following a road traffic collision on the A303.Read more...
The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald | News
Sep 19, 2019 | 05:12 am
A BUSINESS owner in Chippenham is fighting to stop the Business Improvement District from getting a second term in the town.Read more...
Wiltshire BBC Feed
BBC News - Wiltshire
Sep 19, 2019 | 12:52 pm
The crash closed the commuter road in Wiltshire for five hours.Read more...
BBC News - Wiltshire
Sep 18, 2019 | 15:52 pm
A woman and a man, in their 80s, died in the crash on the A429 between Kingway bridge and Corston.Read more...
BBC News - Wiltshire
Sep 18, 2019 | 11:22 am
Clifton Street School in Swindon, which was built in 1884, was partially destroyed by mistake.Read more...
Pewsey Vales Events (From Marlborough News Online)
- marlborough.news - JEvents RSS Feed for Joomla Aug 28, 2019 | 08:24 am Read more...
- marlborough.news - JEvents RSS Feed for Joomla Aug 7, 2019 | 11:29 am Read more...
19 Sep 2019 19:30 : MARLBOROUGH HISTORY SOCIETY :: 1775-1800 EUROPE'S POLITICAL SCENE with MICHAEL HART : The French Revolution & Napoleon – Harbingers of Modern European Historymarlborough.news - JEvents RSS Feed for Joomla Jan 18, 2019 | 20:10 pm
EUROPE 1775-1800 - THE POLITICAL SCENE: "The French Revolution and Napoleon – Harbingers of Modern European History"byMichael Hart Thursday, 19 September 2019 at 7.30pm in St Peter's Church Michael Hart's father was English & his mother was German - he went[…]Read more...
Community Shop Hours
Monday to Friday: 7.30am to 1pm and 3pm to 7pm
Saturday: 9am to 4pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays: 9am to 12pm