MINUTES OF ALL CANNINGS PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Held at All Canning Village Hall on 30th October 2019

Please note all meetings are recorded for administration purposes.

 

Present: Cllr. A Gray (chair), Cllr K Gay, Cllr D Tilley, Cllr A McDonald, Cllr T Hollister, Cllr M Crossman, RFO K Asbury, Clerk S-J Bullock.

 

Public: 1

Meeting was opened by Cllr Gray at 7.30pm

 

  1. Welcome to the public – Cllr A Gray welcomed the public.

 

  1. Declaration of Interests: 0

 

  1. Apologies: Cllr P Whitehead

 

  1. Minutes of the previous meeting and matters arising from the minutes – ADOPTED signed by Cllr A Gray.

 

  1. Matters arising: Cllr R Daw to ask Allington residents if they would like to support and help fund a defibrillator/case. Allington residents are happy to host but declined to help purchase it. A defibrillator will require funding for on-going maintenance and the cost of installation needs to be established. ACTION: Cllr R Daw. Cllr D Tilley & Cllr K Gay – to discuss relocation of safety barrier with affected resident. – There is now raised bank and curb stones at the proposed location so the safety barrier will longer not fit. Councillors decided that the Wiltshire Council Rights of Way warden Paul Millard should be consulted.  ACTION: Cllr D Tilley.

 

 

  1. Reports:
  2. Village Community Store- Cllr. A McDonald – Nothing to report.
  3. PPC Churchyard – Cllr D Tilley – Nothing to report.
  4. Cemetery – Cllr. T Hollister – Local farmer has agreed to remove spoil heap. iDvere will be trimming the Yew Trees.
  5. Village Green – Cllr. K Gay – The playground has had its annual RoSPA inspection, all satisfactory.
  6. Village Hall – Cllr. T Hollister – Cllr T Hollister is arranging fire training.
  7. Pre-School – Cllr. R Daw – The preschool is looking for a new chairman & secretary.
  8. Glebe Field and Allotments – Cllr. A McDonald – ACAS Chairman explained the allotment rules and notice of plot conditions given to any allotment tenant who fails to keep their plot in good condition. iDverde will be cutting back the hedging around the Glebe field and on the roadside.

Cllr A McDonald left the meeting at 8.02pm.

  1. School – Cllr. M Crossman – The new in take of children have settled in well.
  2. Footpaths – Cllr. K Gay – Cllr K Gay has trimmed the hedge next to Sheep pool path.
  3. Allington – Cllr R Daw – Nothing to report
  4. Concert at the Kings – Cllr T Hollister – Nothing to report

 

  1. Parish Steward requests – No requests. Clerk has reported the incomplete and slow repair of the damaged sign for Echilhampton on Lipgate road and requested various gullies in the village be emptied.

 

  1. Planning applications: 19/10367/TCA fell Holm Oak at Oak Tree Cottage – Councillors RESOLVED - no objection.

 

  1. Review of allotments and tenancy agreements - Covered in reports.

 

  1. Fresh quotes for Glebe field to include legal waste removal – DEFERRED

 

  1. Phone box weather proofing – missing glass pane. ACTION: Cllr A Gray.

 

  1. Should dogs be banned from play area of the Green? - After much discussion Councillors decided that activities on the Green should not be curtailed because of the actions of a few inconsiderate dog owners.  Councillors RESOLVED that dogs would not be banned.

 

  1. A resident in conjunction with the Woodland Trust would like to plant 80 trees around the village. Councillors decided that the resident would be invited to supply a plan of the trees to be planted and locations to be considered by the Parish Council.  ACTION: Cllr D Tilley.

 

  1. Review of grass and tree cutting contracts. Councillors decided that Cllr D Tilley would assess if the current contract is effective. ACTION: Cllr Tilley.

 

  1. Repainting of benches, goal posts and play equipment – do we need a contractor? Councillor’s decided that quotes should be acquired for the work. ACTION: Cllr A Gray.

 

  1. Correspondence and administration: A complaint has been received from a resident regarding the noise level of outdoor weddings during the summer. ACTION: Clerk to write to residents of the property hosting the weddings.

 

  1. All Cannings Church have requested £50.00 donation towards wreath. APPROVED

 

  1. A sub committee is required for precept budget planning: ACTION: RFO, Cllr A Gray & Cllr A McDonald.

 

  1. Closed item – clerk hours. APPROVED. ACTION: RFO to speak to payroll.

 

  1. Whole council training; two hours of an evening (Monday to Thursday) covering roles and responsibilities, laws and procedures, 1-10 attendees @ £200 + mileage + VAT. Councillors agreed to training and requested a date during the last two weeks of February. ACTION: Clerk to book.

 

  1. Finance: Payments have been made to iDverde £394.20. RFO expenses £38.00. Cllr A Gray web hosting expense £20.40. SLCC training for Clerk £118.80. Clerk & RFO salary. Balance of accounts: £18,631.31

 

 

 

 

Meeting closed at:  9.21pm

 

Next Meeting: Wednesday 27th November 2019