MINUTES OF ALL CANNINGS PARISH COUNCIL ANNUAL MEETING
Held at All Cannings Village Hall on 29th May 2019
Present: Cllr A Gray, Cllr P Whitehead, Cllr S Butcher, Cllr T Hollister, Cllr D Tilley, Cllr K Gay, Cllr A McDonald, Cllr R Daw.
Meeting was opened by Cllr A Gray at 7.30pm
- Election of the chair. Cllr D Tilley nominated and councillors voted to elect Cllr A Gray as chair. There were no nominations or volunteers for the position of vice chair. Councillors RESOLVED to defer the election of a vice chair.
- Assignment of councillor’s responsibilities: Due to a councillor’s resignation; Cllr T Hollister has assumed responsibility for the Village Hall, cemetery and Concert of the Kings. Cllr R Daw has assumed responsibility for Allington and All Cannings Primary School.
- Book all meeting dates for the year. The future meeting dates were ADOPTED.
- Cllr Gray welcomed public.
- Declaration of interests: Cllr D Tilley
- Apologies 0
- Minutes of the previous meeting to be approved and adopted. Signed by the chair.
- Village Community Store – Cllr. A McDonald – The shop is asking for people to vote their request from Calor Gas Community Fund for a grant for drainage, the grant could be worth £5,000. The shop has already secured £10,000 from the lottery fund and will be applying to the Wiltshire Community Foundation.
- PCC: Churchyard – Cllr. D Tilley – nothing to report
- Cemetery – Cllr. S Butcher – Has put fresh plants in planters. There has been a complaint about condition of cemetery, contractors may have been late cutting the grass. There is a need for markers in the cemetery to show rows and grid. ACTION: Cllr A Gray.
- Village Green – Cllr. K Gay - nothing to report
- Village Hall – Cllr. S Butcher – The Kings Arms have offered a projector for use in the Village Hall. ACTION: Cllr D Tilley to inform village hall committee of the offer.
- Pre-School – Cllr. R Daw – nothing to report
- Glebe Field and Allotments – Cllr. A McDonald – The fence between Glebe field and Chandlers Close is in a very bad condition. ACTION: Cllr A McDonald: to get quotes for replacement and ask the diocese if they would accept a hedge being planted along a new fence. Other hedges around the field boundaries need trimming, need to wait for nesting birds to fledge. Should be cut in August. ACTION: Deferred to July meeting for hedge trimming. Cllr T Hollister has arranged for sign to be made for the flora bank on a piece of timber supplied by Cllr K Gay.
- School -Cllr. S Butcher – The AC Primary School children have made artwork for dog poo signs to be placed about the village. ACTION. Cllr R Daw to get quotes for to have signs made up.
- Footpaths – Cllr. K Gay – Has been strimming footpath verges.
- Allington – Cllr. T Hollister – Cllr T Hollister has a quote for a defibrillator for Allington of £1758. Case £560 + £660 + grant application. Councillors decided that until a location can be decided on for the defibrillator no further action can be taken. ACTION: Cllr R Daw to ask the Oram family if a defibrillator could be sited on one of their barns.
- Concert at the Kings – Cllr T Hollister – Nothing to report.
- Steward requests – All - 0
- Planning Applications: 19/03362/FUL – Two story rear extension – 45 The Street – No objection.
19/04268/FUL – Milk vending structure - Village Shop – No objection.
19/04644/FUL - Single storey extension – Little Beeches – No objection.
- Review of Standing Orders – the revised standing order were ADOPTED
- Review of Financial Regulations – the revised Financial Regulations were ADOPTED
- Review of Asset register and adding the war memorial. – review deferred to next meeting. ACTION Cllr D Tilley to investigate the value of the war memorial. ACTION: Cllr A Gray, RFO and Cllr T Hollister to review asset values.
- Grant application from the Village Hall for £750.00 towards the new audio-visual system. Councillors RESOLVED to offer £500.00 as a grant toward AV equipment for the village hall. ACTION: Cllr D Tilley to inform the Village Hall Committee.
- A resident has asked if the fruit trees in the Community Orchard can be pruned professionally ACTION: Cllr A McDonald to ask if gardening club if they can help.
- The fence between the Glebe field and Chandlers Close is in a poor state of repair. ACTION: Cllr A McDonald to get quote for replacement fence.
- Paint and brushes required for the goal posts and bench on the green. Cllr S Butcher has paint brushes. Councillors RESOLVED to spend £60.00 on paint, brushes & wire brushes
- Repair and restoration of phone box, a resident has made suggestions about fixing up the phone box – inside ceiling is flaking and paint is falling on the books. A broken pane is letting in rain in and damaging books. The Concert of the Kings has donated £100 toward phone box maintenance. ACTION: Cllr A Gray.
- Audit of grit bins – winter preparation. – ACTION: Cllr A Gray to request grit.
- Correspondence and administration
- The school has been given permission to use the Glebe Field for parking for: Summer Fayre on 7th June & sports day 18th or 20th June, subject to the weather and field being dry. ACTION: Clerk to request that the school encourages parents to use the field (when made available) and not to use the roads and pavements for parking.
- Sim only plan for Clerk phone. Councillors RESOLVED to acquire Tesco phone contract at £7.50 per month.
- Application for a double grave plot from former resident. Councillors RESOLVED to charge residents fee.
- A resident informed the council that the current issue of CPRE magazine has an article on All Cannings
- Councillor S Butcher announced her retirement after twenty years of service to the All Cannings Parish Council and a long history of the Butcher family’s service to the District and Parish Council. Cllr A Gray thanked Cllr S Butcher on behalf of the council for her many years of service, advice and knowledge.
- Payments to be approved: iDverde £382.72 Village Hall £10.00. £91.00 RAM for laptops. Clerk training £78.00. Clerk books £20.48. Clerk expenses (ink) £21.51. RFO & Clerk wages.
Flowers and planters £223.00 + £75.00 donated by Concert of Kings towards plants.
- Balance of Accounts
- Insurance renewal £450.52
- Council finances need an independent review. ACTION: RFO & Cllr A McDonald.
- Any Other Business/items for next agenda:
- Add to agenda header, all meetings are recorded for administration purposes.
- A resident has asked about the possibility of a community skip.
- Result of the parking wardens visit to view safety barriers.
- Election of vice chair.
- Declarations of interest.
- Signs for the cemetery to mark rows.
Meeting closed at: 9.45pm
Next meeting on 26th June 2019.
Signed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..