Minutes for Parish Council Meeting July 25th 2018

All Cannings Village Hall 7.30pm

 

Welcome to the public

 

Declaration of Interests - none

 

Apologies: Cllr Butcher,

 

Chaired by Cllr Tilley

 

Minutes of the previous meeting were signed by Cllr Tilley with no amendments.

 

Reports:

a) Village Community Store.

The latest meeting was held on the 24 July. May Watney trust was discussed. They are holding a BBQ on 17th August.

b) Churchyard.
The artist who created the driftwood statues displayed at the flower festival has offered to donate these to the church. They are too big for the church, however they can’t be sited outside at the request of the artist unless they were sheltered, a sufficient shelter would need procuring and funding. Action – Cllr Tilley will report back that it’s probably too big a venture.
The Paulownia tree that was taken down eighteen months ago is sprouting back up, and the roots are coming through the path. Cllr Tilley has tidied up, but it needs the stump killing. Action – Cllr Tilley and Cllr Gay – budget approved for anything needed to complete this task.

c) Cemetery. Commented by all how good the grass cutters are.

d) Village Green – awaiting play inspection details. There has been mention of a dead elder tree – action Cllr Gay to review. Also there is one possibly dead tree at the bottom of School Lane. Also to be reviewed by Cllr Gay.

e) Village Hall
Information provided by a member of the public: the old boules pitch has been regrassed. Update on the flagstone issue out front - this has been confirmed as covered by their insurance. Low bollards may also be erected to deter lorries parking up on the kerb. Finding funding is in progress for this.
The framed map out the front of the hall has been refurbished and it is now officially on the inventory.

f) Pre-School – nothing to report

g) Glebe Field and Allotments

It was noted that the grass is very high around the football pitch. Action – Cllr McDonald to review and report back to iDverde if needed.

h) School.
Cllr Butcher to liaise with community beat officer about patrolling around school pick up or drop off after holidays. Action – Cllr Butcher

i) Footpaths
Cllr Whitehead will liaise with Paul Millard regarding Footpath 25.
Thanks to Cllr Gay for his footpath clearing work. Also thanks to Cllr Gay for erecting the gates.
Liaise with the  Clerk with regards to C23 Lipgate pothole that should have been reported in July, and forward reference number to Cllr Whitehad – action Kate Asbury

 

Parish Steward Requests

 

None – it was mentioned to remember that we can use them for weedkilling

 

Planning Applications

 

18/05990/FUL – No objection

18/05984/FUL – No objection

 

Councillor vacancy – start to spread the word a little more over the summer.

 

Mary Watney Trust – defer til September – action Emma Comfort to add to agenda.

 

Play Area Inspection – covered under reports

 

Church Sculptures - – covered under reports

 

Financial Risk Assessment and GDPR – the councillors present have reviewed these documents. Revisit in September with full council present.  Action – Emma Comfort add to September agenda.

 

Clerk’s report

 

Emma has been in contact with the Diocese regarding a request from a resident of Chandlers Close about the Glebe field. Our contact at the Diocese is on holiday until July 23rd, so hopefully we will receive a response soon.

 

There is a grave purchase to sign off and complete. This was signed by the councillors and the purchase will be completed by the Clerk.

 

Wiltshire Council are running a free clerks training on September 12th, and Emma has requested a place.

 

Finance

 

Payments to make

Idverde Invoice GM759535 from June 382.72 NB: they are aware we don’t have a meeting in August and will be paying next invoices in Sept

Village Hall 15

David Owen 25934 678

Salisbury Diocese 150

Water 2 Business 20.62

Kevin Gay (gates) 75.97

Payments Received

Interest 0.17

Funeral 250

 



Meeting closed at 20:50

 

SIGNED:                                                                         DATED:

 

 

Date of next meeting: September 26th 2018