MINUTES OF A PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

 

Held in All Cannings School, All Cannings on Wednesday 26th April 2017

 

PRESENT:       Cllr. McDonald, Cllr Butcher, Cllr. Gray (chair), Cllr. Tilley, Cllr Daw, Cllr Gay, Cllr. Williams

 

APOLOGIES: Cllr Whitehead, Kate Asbury

 

PUBLIC: 1

 

Election of chair and vice chair:

Cllr Gray proposed as Chair by Cllr Tilley, seconded by Cllr McDonald, unanimous vote by all.

Councillor Butcher proposed as Vice Chair by Cllr McDonald, seconded by Cllr Daw, unanimous vote by all.

Declaration of interests:
None

 

MINUTES


Under dropped kerb, the house number should have been 20 not 22. Edited and signed off by chair.

 

Correspondence

 

Cllr Butcher received an email from the school, confirming they will be tidying up the footpath area, and installing a lock on the gate. Action – Ian to ask school if they would leave the gate unlocked outside of school hours.

 

Email received from resident about the bank between Tunfurlong and the Glebe Field looking scruffy. Cllr Butcher has now grass-seeded the area.


Insurance renewal – three quotes received. All agreed to stay with Hiscox.

 

Standing orders
The proposed latest version of Standing orders were adopted.

 

Invoices Approved:

 

S Butcher                                 Expenses                 47.19                 

Sharkykel                                 Grass Cutting         462.99                

All Cannings School              Rent                         10.00                
Martinsell Publishing           Clerk Advert           72.00                

F.S. Butcher                             Paint                        127.00                                                  

 

Rowan tree in churchyard

Cllr Tilley will meet with a tree surgeon, speak with resident and report back at the next meeting. Action – Cllr Tilley

Footpath improvements and barriers.

We are waiting to hear back from Cllr Whitehead who was going to make enquiries with WC on this matter before submitting anything under CATG

Erect warning sign – Action Cllr Tilley


Laurence Kitching Award


All in hand, Sylvia to shadow if required.

 

Dropped Kerb in Tumlins

 

Liaise with Mr Borman and the school’s road crossing request.  Add to next Agenda. Action Cllr Butcher and Cllr Williams

 

Planning Applications:

17/04194/TCA - No objections

17/03928/TCA – Object against T2 – it’s not theirs and should stay

16/11851/FUL – No objections



Clerk Vacancy

Was discussed along with potential candidates.

Required clarification in writing of Kate Asbury’s intentions over Clerk/RFO roles.

Add Annual Appraisals and Pay Rate review to next Agenda.

 

AOB


Church roof should be finished by the end of May.

Railings – form a working party.

Footpath due to be finished by the end of May.

 

Good luck wished to the Concert at the Kings

 

Add Drewitts lane to next agenda

Cllr Gray appearing on BBC Wiltshire (Radio) on the 19th May, being interviewed live about Concert at the Kings

Add welcome to the public to each agenda from now on




Meeting closed at: 22:10

 

Chair                                                            Date

 

Next Meeting: June 28th, 7.30pm in the Village Hall