MINUTES OF A PARISH COUNCIL MEETING   

Held in the Church, All Cannings on Thursday 26th May 2016

 

PRESENT:        Cllr. S. Butcher, Cllr. D. Tilley, Cllr. A. Gray, Cllr. K. Gay,

                          Cllr. Daw, Cllr. I. Williams, Cllr A McDonald, Cllr. P. Whitehead (Wilts. Council)

 

 

APOLOGIES:   None

 

PUBLIC: one

 

ELECTION OF OFFICERS

Cllr. A. Gray voted in by five councillors as chair.

Cllr. S. Butcher voted in by five councillors as vice chair

Disclosure of interests -
none.

 

The minutes from the Annual Parish Meeting held in April 2015 were signed off. (This meeting in May 2016 being the Annual Parish Council Meeting, however the 2015 meeting seemed to be recorded in April in an annual capacity)

 

MINUTES

Cllr. D. Tilley had a chat with the owner of Kurnicks cottage regarding the bank down school lane, the owner is going to start cutting it.

Work has started on overhanging trees on Mr Smith’s property – send a note of thanks. Action – Kate Asbury.

Dog mess – Investigate glow in the dark stickers for night dog walkers. Budget of £100 max for spending over the year set for around 6 bins and a few lampposts. A5 size  Action – Kate Asbury




 

REPORTS

 

Village Community Store: They will be requesting funding towards a new freezer, they will be asked to submit a formal request – Action Cllr Daw

PCC: Churchyard:

Complaint received about grass cutting, remedied and PCC happy.

Cllr Tilley is expecting to be given some cd recordings of old meetings for Kate to archive.

Cemetery: Grass cutting ok, although leaving a large strip of cow parsley. Cllr Butcher has been working on it, Cllr Daw to clear rest of hedge trimmings. Action Cllr Daw

Report blocked drain outside cemetery gates via app. Action – Kate Asbury

Village Green: Looking tidy. Cllr Tilley swept up some smashed glass, and litter pickers collected some rubbish left by young people following the concert.

Litter bin still in progress, Cllr Tilley to purchase. Action – Cllr Tilley

The mounds also need cutting. Slide not done – Cllr Daw to pursue. Now urgent. . Action - Cllr Daw

New no Parking Sign to be erected when a suitable log found. Action – Cllr Tilley

Pre-School: Nothing to report

Glebe Field & Allotments: Process for the use of the Glebe Field clarified – need to inform Councillors as soon as notification received and not wait for meetings.

Allotment fence work in progress –. ACTION Cllr McDonald to clarify with Simon and Kate Asbury to check invoice when received.

All Cannings Primary School: Email received from Mr Borman with regards to a proper crossing – the Parish Council would suggest an informal crossing, such as they have in Urchfont & Market Lavington. The request needs to go through a Cat G area board request on the Wiltshire Council website and let us know when done.

They are having their fete on the 9th July

Village Hall: Work in progress on getting prices for decorating.

Footpaths:  Darkies Lane was cut down before the concert by Cllr Butcher.

Graveyard Cover – Cllr Gay to be holiday cover for Graveyard books. It was also noted that it would be useful if people could put numbers on back of graves when new stones erected.

Volunteers – Charlie Gardner, Ella from the pub, Dan Baine, Tony Robinson so far. Provide budget for expenses and let the insurance company know when any work is taking place. Some benches need redoing, suggest buying cuprinol, sandpaper, brushes. Budget for odd jobs by volunteers agreed at £100. Have a walk round to see what jobs need doing.

 

Queen’s birthday

Cake ordered. Cllr Gray to get receipts
Mad Pete needs paying up front - £125 agreed. Belinda has got all the presents and has receipts.
Create invitation and deliver around village – Action Kate Asbury to create invitation and team of volunteers to deliver.



Concert

The concert was a sellout. Send them a letter to praise them for efforts and smooth management. Action - Kate

 

Website ownership and management – Currently paid for by Cllr Gray. The Garden club, and village hall also use it. The idea is to transfer ownership to the council. Adrian Goodall’s site (.net) and Tim Daw’s have been archived onto the current website.
Approximate costs are £60 a year. Get it funded by advertising. Agreed in principle.

It was agreed that minutes, agenda’s, advertising local events are ok to go straight onto website. Anything else would require secondary approval at the next meeting. Cllr Gray is the website editor and will draft up some rules. Action – Cllr A Gray

 

Planning Applications

18/01528/LBC – no objections

 

Publicity regarding refurbishment of play equipment – Publicity in liaison with fields and trusts – defer to next meeting.

 

PIGS – Darkey’s lane is next path in need of work, in anticipation of PIGS (remember we need to matchfund) we will get quotes. Action – Cllr Butcher


Clerks report & finances

Gating the village – Philip said he would check and update on the status.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Insurance

Renewal with Zurich - £866.50


Aviva - £841.67

Hiscox - £325.29

Ecclesiastical £994.09

It was unanimously decided to go with Hiscox.

A donation to the church was requested towards the flower festival, and a token gesture as thanks for letting us hold the meeting in the church was also agreed. A cheque for £15 was issued.

Agreed to create a subcommittee in July to check we have allocated concert funds correctly and consider moving some funds around. This committee will be Cllr Butcher, Cllr McDonald and Kate Asbury

Account balances at the year-end:

 

Business account                      5959.14

Treasurers account                    17,358.53

N, S & I Savings                        1493.62

                                                24,811.29

 

 

Opting in – we still wish to opt out following a recent email asking if we were sure. Phillip is contacting another council for advice.

Citizens advice made a request for money – decline at this time.

Cheques were signed:

 

AOB

People parking very closely to the phone box was raised.

The football team are possibly coming back.

 

 

 

Meeting closed at 21.41

 

Chairman                                  Date

 

 

 

 

Next Meeting: Thursday 30th June 2016, in All Canings Church.