MINUTES OF A PARISH COUNCIL MEETING   

Held in the Village Hall, All Cannings on Wednesday 28th May 2015

 

PRESENT:        Cllr. S. Butcher, Cllr. D. Tilley, Cllr. A. Gray, Cllr. K. Gay,

                          Cllr. Daw, Cllr. I. Williams.

 

APOLOGIES:   Cllr. P. Whitehead (Wilts. Council).

 

PUBLIC: Two

 

ELECTION OF OFFICERS

 

The following nominations were received

 

Chairman Cllr. A. Gray

 

Proposed by: Cllr. D. Tilley, seconded by Cllr. R. Daw

 

Cllr. Gray elected Chairman

 

Vice Chairman Cllr. S.  Butcher

 

Proposed by: Cllr. I. Williams, seconded by Cllr. A. Gray

 

Cllr. Butcher elected Vice Chairman

 

MINUTES

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 29th April having been circulated were confirmed as a true record and signed by the chairman.

 

Peter Griffin addressed the meeting with a request for the Metro Count to be repeated in the village owing to vehicles speeding. The original count was not done in the best position in The Street as it was poorly sighted being close to a sharp bend.

 

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

See reports

 

REPORTS

 

Village Community Store: Nothing to report.

PCC: Churchyard: Mike Burns has completed work to trees in the Churchyard.

Collapsed Tomb: Retrospective Faculty approval received with various conditions, await response from the Diocese of Salisbury. Cllr. Tilley has laid a layer of shingle on the tomb as this was a condition for approval of the faculty. Liz Sharpe to be contacted.

Cemetery Topple test to be done annually on memorial stones. Contractor to be contacted regarding the cutting of the grass outside the railings.

Village Green: Meeting to discuss proposals for play equipment to be arranged.

Further quotation to be pursued. Existing equipment will be removed.

Pre-School: Received a good rating with outstanding features from the Ofsted Inspection.

Glebe Field: Nothing to report.

All Cannings Primary School: Nothing to report.

Village Hall: Work on repairs has now commenced. Grant received for £15,000.

Confirmation that the hall will be closed for renovation and repairs during July and August.

Allotments: Orchard sign adjacent to the allotments to be replaced.

 

.

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

Grass Cutting Contracts: Signed and completed.

CPRE: Invitations for the Laurence Kitching Award, Winner of Winners competition to be sent out during May. Applications to be completed by the end of June.

Neighbourhood Plan: Statement of Community Involvement to be discussed at a future meeting. Information available for discussion.

 

 

PLANNING APPLICATIONS

 

None

 

 

ACOUNTS

 

Two cheques presented for signature

 

001012              J R Scott                      Clerk’s Expenses                     £19.61            

001013              Countrywide                  Grass Cutting                             £335.80          

 

AOB

 

Rosie Lock proposed the formation of teams of villagers to assist with litter picking.

Application for the position of Clerk advertised.

Quotation request for Poo-Scoop Bags

 

 

Meeting closed at 8.25pm.

 

 

Chairman                                  Date

 

 

Next Meeting: Wednesday 24th June 2015 at 7.30pm.

 

Venue to be confirmed.