MINUTES OF A PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Held in the Village Hall, All Cannings on Wednesday 26 January 2011

 

PRESENT:     Mr. T. Daw, (in the chair),

                        Mr. C .Butcher, Mrs. P. O’Neill.

 

APOLOGIES:  Mrs. S. Butcher, Mr. A. Simpson,

Mrs. L. Miedzianowski-Sinclair.

 

MINUTES

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 24 November having been circulated were confirmed as a true record and signed by the chairman.

 

MATTERS ARISING

 Parish Council Vacancy: Doug Tilley has shown interest in the vacancy on the Parish Council. Clerk to make contact.

Churchyard Path: Further quotations to be obtained. To be discussed under reports from committees.

Playsafety/ROSPA Report: Problem has arisen with chain links on swings. Tim Daw to investigate.

 

Great Stones’ Way: Plans by the Friends of the Ridgeway wish to create a national trail. The impact on tracks could be considerable. Councillors did not object although

if the route is changed to follow the Sarsen trail then it may affect the village. Concern was shown regarding the impact on the canal towpath.

 

REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES

Village Community Store: Letter of thanks received regarding grant given by Parish Council. Equipment for software for the till and back office computer system has been ordered, to be operational early 2011.

PCC: Churchyard:  Footpath to Church in need of repair. Quotes to be obtained.

Possibility of grants?

Cemetery:  Nothing to report.

Village Green: ROSPA report discussed.

Village Hall: Pepi O’Neill to investigate the possibility of  a souvenir for each of the children, to celebrate the Royal Wedding, following a request from the Village Hall Committee who propose to hold a Celebration Tea at the hall.

Glebe Field/Allotments: Annual payment for the lease for the allotment area now due. Lease agreement for the Glebe Field received. First year 2009/10 rent free as per agreement. Payment now due for 2010/2011.

Kennet and Avon:  Nothing to report.

 

CORRESPONDENCE

Street Naming:  They are asking for recreation grounds to be nominated to become QE11 Fields. Tim Daw to investigate the possibility of the Village Green being nominated to become a QE11 Field, to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee. Grant money may be available to the chosen fields.

All Cannings Village Hall: Correspondence received regarding proposed Village Party to celebrate the Royal Wedding. Request to see if the Parish Council would provide a small memento for the children.

Wiltshire Council: The Council will no longer be supplying the Cleansing Grant to parishes from 1st April 2011.  Instead the Council will supply loan schemes for litter picking events and support initiatives to improve the local environment.

 

 

PLANNING

 

Application for Full Planning

E/10/1700//FUL

Proposal: Single storey extension.

At:  Sunnyside 1 Council Cottages Allington Devizes.

 

E/11/0074/FUL

Proposal: Change of use of agricultural building to convert caravan storage,

alterations to South Elevation.

At: 3 South Farm All Cannings Devizes.

 

Application for Listed Building Consent

E/11/0018/LBC

Proposal: Extension of time limit for implementing listed building consent K/57859/LBC for alterations to cottage to allow for the erection of an extension and the provision of a new bathroom window

At: Thorneycroft The Street All Cannings Devizes.

 

 ACCOUNTS

 

Four cheques presented for signature:

000722            Salisbury DBF                        Allotment Field Lease            £225.00

000724            AC Village Hall          Hall Rental                              £11.50

000725            BWBSL                      Cemetery Water Rates            £10.02

000726            Diocese of Salisbury   Glebe Field Lease                   £125.00

                                               

                                      

Meeting Closed at 8.45 pm.

 

 

                         

                                          Chairman                                     Date

 

 

Next Meeting:   Wednesday 23 February 2011 7.30pm